Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Making of The Gold

I'm going to throw out a gold making idea if you're dirtbag poor like me.

The easiest things to do is what people in the guild are recommending; create a DeathKnight and get some gold. I agree, that's the most time effective method to getting starter gold for your main (assuming the DK is an alt). But what if you cannot make a DK, or if you're like me, too slow to follow your own advice?

Well in theory, you should be able to make some gold on the auction house. For example, linen cloth is listed at 1 gold per stack. Once you get into your teens you should be able to farm linen at a steady clip. This is great but I have a concern.

Who the hell is going to buy it?

Since it looks like 'The Resistance' is going to be a large part of the Alliance economy, we may just be selling things back to ourselves, if they sell at all.

The Solution?

Sell it to the Horde. That's right, I'm willing to bet those smelly things will by our junk at a premium. I wont know for sure until I log in with my second account and check their economy, but I'm willing to bet I can put my stuff up on the shared Auction House, sell it to my Horde alt on a different account for a copper or two, then resell it back on the Horde market at full price. They wont know, they're COWS! All they have are orcs that sit around and chew on their toe nails all day, so it's not like they have some undead version of Timothy Geitner running the numbers over there.

I'll update more on this later.

3 comments:

  1. Not a bad idea, I have a second account also. Let's funnel some of the muffin money to the Ally side ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm muffins <3

    Also your blog has been linked to the front page of our website ^-^ yw

    ReplyDelete